At the beginning of each month I set aside a take away meal (cash value), and donate it to some here, it's only a little bit for us but plenty for the many places that need it out there.
I also put some money into a different bank account which is my DIY pet insurance. I researched how much pet insurance was, and having it on two kitties would take a HUGE chunk of our pay, therefore I put 1/2 that amount away each month for it, a do it yourself kind of style!
Well this month, I need to make a charity!! The stray kitty man I have been talking about has cost us close to 1k. this month; So they say that charity begins at home... I am listening to them!
This month, my donation is my myself.. well not really, catching up on the credit card after all stray kitties Vet bills. But I have to say we were so lucky finding this Vet, he was wonderful! It's a little bit of a drive for us, but with the knowledge, care and professionalism he and his team have.... it's worth it.. so a big thank you to Struggletown Vets. If you are a Sydney sider like myself, they are worth the travel, let alone the hours they are available, are awesome in itself!
Because it doesn't look so gross anymore, in fact it is almost healed up compared to what it was... here is our little gentleman!
He is just such a gentleman and for a feral, stray he is learning things so quickly! I would never have him around children as he is still very skittish at things, but you can see how sorry he is straight after, he is really trying. Such a beautiful boy, such a shame that there are strays in this day and age :(
------------------------------


No comments:
Post a Comment