Just a quick post to link to a great website in my reader!
I love the knit leader/ knit radar. I love to follow schematics rather than K1 P1... probably why another reason I couldn't handle knitting.
Anyway, Steelebreeze just sums this little awesome tool up nice and simple... as it should be.
Even mentioning drawing the intarsia on it rather than a graph.
Using the knitleader
On my Brother built in knitleader I use coloured pencils for this reason, it's quicker and easier to follow the knitleader than a graph, but you say " if I draw it onto my knitleader it won't be there for future use", you're right! But depending on the pattern you could photocopy it? or draw it onto your graph paper first then trace it onto your pattern sheet?
As for patterns, just start out with a basic pattern and change it to the way you want it, ie: measurements, shape etc.. just like a regular sewing pattern!
I haven't tried the air knitting yet, but I like the idea!
Anyway, from what I see, the knit leader is so under used by the online knitting machine community.

2 comments:
...but I'm so afraid of my Knitleader!
I haven't touched it since it was unpacked and place carefully at the back of the machine.
The ribber was no trouble to me, but this knitleader? terrifying!
LOL that is so funny! I am scared crazy to even unpack both my ribbers!!
I know if I had to choose it would be the ribber :)
You would have no problems at all with the knit leader! :)
Post a Comment