Monday, July 5, 2010
The 420 punchcard lace is evil
This is an old picture from the other day, but it is the pattern I am talking about. The pre-punched lace no: 420
As you saw in previous posts, it was giving me trouble when I was doing it at this end, so I changed to a different punch card and had no problems at all, well except for needle 25, but I just watched it every swipe and it was fine.
WELL..... I get to the length I want it to be and to make it a bit more even, thought I would do that same 420 lace at the end. BIG mistake;
It works fine until it starts the next pattern, which you can see on the picture is just a few rows before where I am up to.
IT was a bitch! Just about every needle got stuck when going over the lace carriage, I thought I was going to break the machine. The yarn was getting caught on the pegs... NIGHTMARE!!
I think the 420 lace is officially dead to me.. grrr
On a plus note, the shawl is off the needles and ready to be "blocked"? ha ha I am never successful at this, but I am going to try a different way today. Will post pics of completed when done :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment