Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tapestry bag

Just a quickie.
When I was on the quest to make a kitty bag for the kitties to sleep in, I made a bag that was similar in shape to the "green" shopping bags. Because I thought the kitties would for sure use It, seeing that they can't jump into them fast enough, when I get home from shopping.
Well they didn't, but I kept it, trying to figure out what to do with it so it wasn't wasted.

Well I found my solution!
See, I don't like leaving anything around that the kitties could play with that would strangle, choke or get tied up in their intestines. That is why all my threads, wool, string, little bits and pieces are all put away safely.

The only huge plastic bag I used to keep my tapestry in was falling to bits, so I thought I would make a more permanent one, but it had to be no handles (kitties can play in handles and get strangled by them).

I thought.. hrrm, lemme see if there is enough material in the kittie bed I kept, and sure enough, it fit without any modifications. All I did was add a drawstring, so I can close it up tight so little naughty kitties can't get into it.

Also, as an added find, it is great for when actually doing the tapestry, as you can hold it with the bag still on, that way you are holding the material of the bag, and not getting your hands on the actual canvas. cool eh?!

Anyway, no instructions as REALLY straight forward. Just a couple of pictures :)


The bag, that is now my tapestry bag. Note how tightly it fits, that way I can hold it via the bag while I am working on it,so I don't have to touch it as often. Also note kitty boy working how he is going to beat it.

" I can has insides please momma?"
he he there is a whole series of pictures I took of my little man trying to get into it, he was trying for about 10-15 Min's, and this is why I have to keep things kitty safe! I just thought this was the sweetest.
I guess, you have to baby proof homes don't you, kitty proofing is crazier as kitties can jump! babies can't lol

No comments: