yay! My first lacy shawl /wrap is finished. It really didn't take that long, I just hadn't been near the machine for a few weeks while husbie was on holidays.
It is going to an Auntie for her 50th Birthday. I hope that she likes it. I would have liked to have had the time to embroider little random beads to catch the light when being worn, but I left it too late.
here tis: lots of pictures:)
I know I said I really want to use all natural yarns etc, however I must say that I really like the feel/look of this yarn, it has like a little shine to it, really pretty.
YARN: Tamm Estilo
TENSION: 5 (what was recommended in book)
PATTERN: This is all a best guesstimate, as I didn't write anything down.
cast on 60 0 70
knit 10 rows then hem up
knit another 20? the start lace pattern card 420
got 1/2 way through card and was having too much trouble with lace carriage
swapped to pre punched lace card 412
Knit till loose measurement was about 170cm
swapped back to lace card 420 and knit 1/2 (till it gave me trouble again)
Knit around 20 rows then small hem again
cast off via hook tool (pain in the ass! I will try the tapestry needle cast off next time), plus it leaves a taunt horrible finish.
NOTES: Needs LOTS of weights attached
TO FINISH: lay a damp cloth over and using a cool iron, iron with little sweeps, never leave iron in one place too long or let wrap heat up too much, keep the cloth damp. :)
I know this is pretty goofy and lame compared to what i see being done, but I am excited and so was my gorgeous husbie.
Also, I figure, if I start recording what I have done, I will be able to go back and make it again.
You know like you make a recipe and someone asks for it again and you can't remember what you did. :)
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
It is lovely. Well done!
Thank you :) It is just an easy peasy one compard to all the beautiful work out there done on knitting machines, but making something yourself is always exciting :)
Post a Comment