Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tapestry from July 2008

As the title says this is back from my old blog from July 2008.
LOL do you know I still have not finished the 2nd Egyptian tapestry nor have I done anything else with them yet.
Hey.. what can I say, I get bored with the same thing for too long hehe



I haven't posted a lot of things to do with craft latley because I simply haven't been doing anything that is quick. But something I have done since I was a little girl was tapestry.
My Aunt used to do it and had huge lovely framed tapestries on her walls which she had done and I just used to stare at amazement, gorgeous!
Anyway I stayed with my Aunty once when my mum had to go overseas and mum bought me a tapestry to do with her.
Well it did take me 20 years to finish it, on and off and I don't even know wether I do it right, I don't care really because it still comes out as it should,.. I actually finished it when I had my appendix out and couldn't move around much so I used to sit and do tapestry all day and night and got a "thing" for it.. I looked like a little old lady I am sure!! hehe

So anyway long story short, I have little seasons where I love to get back into it then put it away for a few months again, so I am almost finished my last one and I guess just want it to be done with so I can finish the one I bought my mum which is half done.
Here are the pics :)

My very first tapestry mum bought me when I went to stay with my Aunty.

All I have left to finish off the one I am currently working on, as you can see it's so close it's hard to put down!!! arrrrrggghhh

OOOOOHHH I forgot about the title until I was about to post this.. one fabulous thing about tapestry is that you get a complete upper arm workout.. yeah!!! work those chicken wings booyah! :)

No comments: