Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

LOL FAIL Flower brooch

Back from June 2008
I was trying for a shabby look I saw on a website I visited at the time, but it came across as neither. I can only imagine what gramma thought when she got it hehe
It also had a secret little pocket behind the flower for stashing cash etc :)



Last night after watching Fido, which is totally watchable but not something that I would recommend as a must see.
Anyway, back to subject... I coerced my hubby into a crafty night with me.
His gram sent me a birthday card with some money so I wanted to send a thank you card (so she knows I received hers) and also something homemade.


This is the flower I made, my first ever, there are a few things that I am going to do different on the next one but I like the look, the shabby. The colors are a really hot pink and deep purple, I guess I need a little more practice with the new camera huh? :P



I found a little plastic folder in which to send the card below in, it is an old pillowcase packaging which should be great because she can hang it if she wants to when she receives it.


I got my hubby to work on a card, with paints no less!! My hubby can draw amazingly as I am sure if he had some practice he should be able to paint also, so I set him on the task of the card.
I think it turned out beautiful, even though he says he stuffed the flower etc. and the ribbon touch is just gorge.

No comments: