One idea I had was for a double thickness beanie. It was to be one layer of lacy material with the second layer of just regular stocking stitch in a contrasting colour.
That way, it would be reversible, but also the contrasting colour would show through the lace fabric and creating a different effect.
Well, it's my fault! I have to start swatching.
here are the failed pictures:
This is why you need to swatch!
Trying cut and sew to trim excess.
Ready for sewing up
I did make the hat, though it would be better for a child than my head. You can also see the problem I had with the ribber (which didn't matter as I was only writing the pattern), I was going to cover it up with a flower or butterfly adornment.
I haven't given up, just haven't had the time to get back at it and have something else I want to do now.
I really need to make myself a roster so I can find the time to do all these things I want to do.
So here is me sharing a failure :)
*******************************



3 comments:
Since starting to sew again, and this time reading blogs and books to learn properly, I have discovered a new word for "failed knitting" - call it a "muslin" (or a test). A failure it is most definitely not because it will be very pretty when you make the next one with the adjustments added in :D
I think it is a really nice design idea and the colour is so cute!
LOL I will remeber that next time.. "it's just a muslin" lol
I'm ok with failure though :)
If you don't fail it means that you aren't trying :)
"If you don't fail it means that you aren't trying :)"
Now isn't that the truth !
Post a Comment