Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Used needles

I have been slack yet again, I have been doing things but it has been raining what seems like ages, so too cloudy to get any good pictures.

Thought I would just share this today.
It is a picture of a hypodermic needle, but what i wonder is if our sewing machine needles get wrecked just as quick?
I know myself, I next to never change them :(


Food for thought huh? ;)


********************

4 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Arghhh! Blogger ate my comment.
That is incredible how quickly the needles are ruined. I only change the needles on my machine if I try to go through something too thick and they break.
Right, I am going to copy my comment this time in case Blogger is still hungry!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Success!!!!!

Re-Illy Unique said...

LOL blogger does that a lot to mine too, I usualy just get cranky and leave it, but that's a good idea to coopy it :)
I am the same with needles, when I saw this I was like "wow" too, so quickly and the barbs are crazy :)

Bella said...

Gee, that explains why sewing bloggers keep saying to change your needle after every project. I just wonder how big that project needs to be to warrant changing it?
Some projects are coats with lining and leather trims, and others are little handkerchiefs!
I've taken to changing my needle according to the weight of the fabric and it does help!
(By the way, looking at the tip of you hypodermic needle makes me wonder about how many times they get used by drug addicts? )