O wow, I have been away for a little while, never said I would post everyday, but didn't think so long in between.
This time of year, my gorgeous husbie works constantly, sleep is very lacking and will be till after new year ( I hope he gets a holiday!), so when he does get sleep I try and make sure there are no tramples ( from Miss kitty girl) and no opera singing (from Mr kitty boy), that means momma (me), has to stay awake and keep them quite, which means momma ( me) is a walking zombie! ha ha
It's OK though, I can take lots of short naps to make it up, husbie can't... that's what I tell him when he worries about my sleep.. but we all know that tons of short naps never makes up for a good REM sleep..but not to whine, that is a tiny little things in the grand scheme of things.
OK Jo.. babble off! HAH
So the post relates to what I have been doing in all my craft time.
Scanning in very old pictures from Great-grand parents, Grandparents and parents.
I was in a hurry because that side of the family is getting old, not that age has anything to do with not being around, but you know what I mean,... just wanted to get them scanned in and onto discs, and sent out before Christmas.
...all done, just have to send them now!
I have to say that if you are reading this, that you should get out your old photo albums, or whomever in the family has them and scan them in.
I found that most of the really old ones, are these really little pictures, but after having been scanned in, and being able to zoom in on the computer etc, these little "detail-less" pictures take on a new life... it's a must do.. plus, now each member of the family can share in the wonders of old family pictures instead of waiting to see them from whomever keeps the album.
Anyway, this post is TOO many words long, I just wanted to say that I will be sharing some of these old pictures, not just of the people, as while I think it it neat to see my family, I am sure a non-family member would be bored crazy!
Also, I have been watching for a Singer/Silver reed/knit master knitting machine for awhile, I like the punch lace and the idea of only one carriage to do lace rather than the two with my Brother... I have seen some, stupid prices and some too old to do lace (hard needles), husbie, as always says to just get the expensive ones, but me, "no, when I am meant to have one, I will".. well!!.....
The other night I thought I would do just a quick check on EBay (really thinking it was a waste of time), and I must have just caught the listing as soon as she listed it. It was for a Singer Memo-matic machine, no model but says in excellent condition with table, original cards , ribber etc etc..
I first sent a message to find out what model it was, but straight after, just bought it. It was $45 bid and $50 buy out. I figured that for $50 even if I couldn't use it, I could still pass it on to someone who can.
The girl selling it doesn't know the model, it is her mums and she is bringing up this weekend, and I am going to pick it up on Monday night... (So EXCITED)... By the picture of the manual in the listing it looks like a 327 or 700.. that more streamline look... however it could be anything, they could have just found that picture online and used it... but it does say excellent condition, so hopes are high!
Either way I am going to take some extra money with me, in case it is worth more than the $50 I paid, I know that's all they asked, but it wouldn't seem right.. and not everything is about making a buck and bargains to be had... honesty and fairness first!
Blah! anyway.. too much babble!I will end the post with one of the old pics, because every post needs a pic!
This picture was called : "5' Squ Bush Desert " my grandfather was in the air force.. to give and idea of how old it is. Imagine flying these planes back then in combat?!? compared to what they have today! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Vampy Vic. Hope you have a good one.
Post a Comment