Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Lazy Days(y), mending and finishing

This is why I don't get all the ideas in my head done! Rainy, cold days of which you are still so tired from hubby working night shifts... anyone else out there stay awake all night when hubby works of a night? I mean that wouldn't be so bad, other than your always too bloody tired to make useful of the time when you are awake so you sit at the TV all zombiefied.. eating :(

Anyway.. I haven't started anything new, just fixed some thing in my mending pile ( I really need some more at home trakky pants), and finished off all the loose bits in the Horde scarf.
Ok enough talking.. pictures!

This is one of my favourite, everyday type skirts, but became unwearable when I was cleaning with it on one day and spilt bleach on it. I just removed the layer the spill was on. The skirt is now shorter, just means I will have to make sure I have proper shaved legs when I want to wear it :P
Oooo, also I am such the slacker... the skirt is  layered and an A shape, which means that the next tier is always longer (because it is supposed to be gathered), I cheated (as I always do) and just folded little bits of fabric as I guided it through the serger. The crafty spirits must have been helping me because it worked out at exactly the right length!! What a fluke! hehe

I haven't tried ironing it yet, but look at the bloody curl, I think I might have crochet around the edge or something, we will see. I hemmed it to see if it would stop curling... FAIL


The backside of my intarsia. I know all seasoned knitters out there are going to cringe, but I don't have the patience for weaving, I knotted. Do you remember how many little tails there were? well it took me all of about maybe a hour or less for the whole thing. I will do a post sometime in the future about "my way" of finishing it off.
Is it really that much different knotting to weaving? Does this look extra messy compared to what I "should have" done? :)
Ok that's just a little update, as I like to try and post a little more regular like (HAH!).

No comments: