Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Knitting machine Punchcard lace, first time

After I finished one cycle of the first lace pattern, I decided to change the pattern to a "less" lacy one for the main body (not only so it would be quicker, but also a little bit of warmth.. you know less holy).

Oh my goodness! what a difference it made! I am having next to no problems with this, other than needle 25, which is bent and I will have to fix when done, but I am just keeping an eye on it.

One thing I noticed is that you need a whole lot of weight attached to the lace to make sure it gets pulled down properly, other than that, easy sailing... oooOO I better touch wood quickly first, I haven't finished yet.

I also noticed that you can jiggle the needles a little bit from side to side, I pulled out the sponge bar a little bit to look at it and compared to what I saw for sale as replacements, mine for sure needs it! I looked at it when I first bought it and thought it was ok, I mean it is still spongy, I guess it should be more. I found a great Tute to make one, I will have to get on that next.

Here is my Lacy Stole so far :


   

No comments: