I think after I finish this project I am going to pull the machine apart and give it a good going over.. well, if I can find a schematic for it.
The silly carrige kept getting jammed, because the needles were getting stuck on top of one another, which I doscovered that it was because the yarn was getting stuck on the pegs.
When I watched this video for upload, I noticed that at one of the points it was getting stuck, the needle was really bent (something you can't see as much in real life), in theroy, if the needle wasn't aligned right, the lace carrige wouldn't be able to transfer the yarn far enough so it went onto the next needle, therefore landing on the peg... in theroy. It could just be that the needle got bent in the process of getting stuck... This is so annoying!!! hehehe
Some pictures:
How the needles were after removing the lace carriage
The big holes, because I wasn't watching what I was doing as I went along (lots of stitches to pick back up!)
The lace before I unravelled it; I am about this far again and a little bit more, but I am watching as I go and trying to correct mistakes as they happen, It's tedious and annoying and the lace carriage still keeps jamming. I did find though that if I make sure the lace carriage travels the full distance along the bed ( until the timing belt stops moving), it works a little better, not much but a little... could be just a coincidence though.. lol fun fun!
The little video I did:



No comments:
Post a Comment