I am so thankful that I found this advertisement, the lady I bought the knitting machine off was so nice, and was getting married soon too ( so many many good wishes to her). Not only did she give me what she had, but also gave me her cousins number incase I needed to know how to do anything (her cousin was the machine knitter and gave the one I bought to her). Of course I didn't call her cousin, but it was such a sweet thing to do. Lovely lady!!
Anyway, this is what I bought, other than having to clean it (just from a smoking house to a non-smoking, you can notice it), it is all in wonderful condition.
I hope that I can find a bulky one, one day for the thicker yarns! anyway.. here they are:)
It is a Brother KH-881 knitting machine
The actual knitting machine,with the table it came with, also a transfer carriage? and 3 yarn winders, one I have no idea how to use (the big one)
The ribber that was attached, but i disassembled it, so I could learn to use the knitting machine first. Steps, it's all about steps.
2 of the 3 yarn winders that came with it. If anyone happens to come across this and knows of a link on how to use the big Brother one I would greatly appreciate it. I can't find anything on the net, but I haven't spent ages and ages looking :)
The books that came with it,the red folder under the Creative knitting book is full with typed out, old patterns, but no pictures. I can't wait till I know what I am doing more and try some, it will be like a little surprise as to what it turns out to be :)
PS...Kitty boy was there first, he was in the sunlight that I needed to take the picture so I spread them around him, he was like "wtf is this momma?" hehe
And the wool/cotton. the little picture in the corner is just another bag of yarn that I added into this picture to save having another picture of just yarn.
All in all I am just so thankful and happy with what I bought. I hope one day when the crafty gods think I am ready, they will send another wonderful deal my way with an electronic or bulky. :)





2 comments:
Congratulations on your new machine, and yes, you did well getting a Brother. They are wonderful machines and I love mine too!
I just spent the best part of an hour searching for this as I couldn't remember what the video was called but here is "Sofie Winds Yarn" - the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fBTSlv3H3M
and she is using one that looks just like yours! Not exactly a manual but from what I could see, it has exactly the same set up as an ordinary ball winder. You put the yarn through the coiled end of the arm, onto the cone itself and get a two year old to crank the handle!
I hope this will help you as videos for the jumbo yarn winders are pretty thin on the ground!
Oh my goodness I could kiss you!! But a big hug is better ;)
Thank you SO much, I REALLY appreciate it and now know what some other bits ( the big long holder things that attach to it) are for, probably why I couldn't get it to work haha.
Thank you So much again :))) (HUGE smile!)
Post a Comment