I think it is the only shop here that sells knitting machine things, and to walk in looks kinda small, but full.
There are quite a few old and new looking machine on a wall, and there are sewing things as well... that's on first look...
I asked the lady for the things I could remember ( I didn't take my list), and all but one of the things she had, but said they usually have the other.
Then I asked for wool, and she said do you want to see it...
Well on their website it looks like they don't have that much but oh my goodness, I could just spend hours and hours... and knitting machine books, pamphlets, magazines... my hubby said he could see how excited I was, I know for my eyes I just didn't know where to look first, and wanted EVERYTHING, but of course couldn't have :( It's a freaking treasure chest of delight!@)I am going to try and save all my pennies to have regular visits, so when I go for wool I can pick up other things.
So what did I buy?
Well..
- I finally got the little wax balls to go on the yarn holder ( I just got 2 to begin with)
- I got a 1KG cone of black acrylic to practice with
- I got these printed punch card things that all you do is put in behind a real punch card and punch out the dots.. and Egyptian one
- I got a Wendy phillips cats designs book and a Design studio by White Magazine
Can you tell I loved the intarsia! I can't wait to try the fair isle and motif! At the moment I am doing a Lace one for an Aunties Birthday coming up. Oh boy is that annoying..but more about that another post when I can show an "in progress" picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment