Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

What's my knitting machine?

I still haven't made anything of consequence. The last time I used it, was to knit a tension swatch to make a pattern I want to make.
I thought I would just post what knitting machine I use etc.
I was lucky enough to get a Brother KH-881 with a transfer carriage (don't know what this does yet), and a ribber and a whole heap of books and some wool.
It's funny because I wasn't going to get the standard gauge 4.5 machine, however I am very happy with it!! And it does take the regular "double knitting" cheap acrylic stuff I use to test patterns, contrary to what I read while researching, OR more... what I interpreted as.

It came with a manual, however on the back says KH-860. I went searching for a manual specifically for my knitting machine but could not find one. This manual is just perfect though, totally enough for getting to know my KH881.
I did discover though that my machine has a built in knit leader or what sometimes is called a knit radar. I wanted to know more about this but the manual I have said nothing.
To cut a long story short the original manual for the KH881 didn't have anything about the knit leader in it anyway, it came with a separate manual on how to operate it.
I did a little searching and found this website Scan the Cat. I can't even tell you how often I refer to this website and also have so many pages on the website bookmarked for patterns to buy etc.
This website does have a section of manuals you can download, the knit leader for my KH881 is there! It only cost me like $5 Aus.  I am having it printed at the local copy shop to keep on hand.

I so am totally going to support this lady and love her website! For all the free information and the time etc she has taken to make this available to everyone!! If you can buy something of hers, do it! Let's keep it up there! :)

Well that is about it. I have an idea also on how to knit my scarf without the edges curling, but will only post if it works out. We will see :)

No comments: