Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

How do I eat the Vegetarian way?

I have been thinking about going Veg for awhile. I mean it's healthier, you never see a fat Veg and well, I like the taste of meat but it grosses me out a little when I eat it and I have to always struggle with forgetting about where it came from so I can eat it.

Anyway, as per my usual self, like to be armed with tons of research and all, I went looking.
There is a whole lot of information out there for new vegetarians about what you should eat and how much to stay healthy but nothing practical.

New vegos like myself, need to see it in practice, what a typical vego week of meals is. Vegos take their eating for granted and forget that for us that have always grown up with meat it is hard to imagine not having it in ANY more meals.

Well I found a wonderful website that actually gives you a Veg menu for a month, to show you and for you to get a feel what vegos eat so you have a base to branch out on.
It even gives you a shopping list! How good is that?!?!

EAT CLOSE TO HOME is the website and the link is on course in the name to click on.

As far as going veg? Well while we only have meat maybe once a week, chicken once and fish once, the rest is veges and I am afraid it will have to stay that way.
See, during my research I found out that a key thing men need, Zinc is from meat. I know that my hubby could take supplements etc, but I think we will just keep it the way it is. I don't want to take chances with my hubby's health, let alone you can't gain muscle mass on a Veg diet.. I can't imagine my hubby twiney hehe

No comments: