So I would imagine that a lot of people prolly know this already, but I am always surprised to find that some people don't know simple tips to make your cooking experience that much easier.
The most simple method is slicing it while still semi frozen.
You know people say cut across the grain etc etc, In my opinion this has more to do with keeping the fat lines intact so your meat will be more tender, if you are cutting your meat semi frozen still it has no relevance on the ease of cutting. However depending on how you are going to use your meat you would want those fat seams intact. but mine is a stir fry hence the thinly sliced meat needed so will not be cooked very long.
Also, your thick fat strips will just pull off easily.
This is how thin I sliced it, but I am not a patient cook, I just went wham "bam thankyou mamm" with it, if you are a little slower and more precise you can get even 1/2 that size, however I find this a nice balance effort Vs outcome.
Ohhh I can' t let you go without one more quick tip.
Have something to hold the meat with otherwise you will get freezer burn, I tried initially with paper towels but as the meat starts to melt so does the towel, so I now use the plastic bag I froze the meat in.
Hope that this brought you a new tip to make your cooking time just a little easier and more fun!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment