Just a quick video, as I haven't done one in forever, but hopefully I plan to change that!
Basically (so you don't need to watch it). I found that when I was knitting on my Singer machine I would get long floats and the patterns would muck up.
I found that it was only happening at a certain section, and further I was ever so slightly lifting the carriage up.
Now I just stand and knit and make sure to apply slight pressure all the way along, being careful of course when you are using the full bed.
So much easier!
This is where all the seasoned knitters say " I told you so" lol... I haven't seen it said yet :)
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I stand to save my back, and I found that kitchen counter height is ideal. At the moment I use an old sideboard which isn't high enough but at some stage in the future I will have an actual hobby room and then the machine will be placed even higher.
Not only does it help with the pressure, but you get to exercise your whole body a lot more as you knit, and you don't have to move up the weights as often.
It's all good!
hehe yeah I forgot about the exercise. It's awesome, the full body range of motion :)
ps: I can't believe you make the beautiful things you do with your knitting machine on an old sideboard!! :)
The sideboard is handy as I can still use the lower drawer for stash and even though I can't actually use the top drawers (couldn't pull them out with the clamps) I can stuff a lot of yarn in there too!
The best exercise of the lot is the one where you point your feet out to the side at a 45 degree angle. Then using the leg on the carriage side lean in the direction of the carriage and "bend ze neez" skiing style while using the other straight leg, right up to the buttock muscles to push your body across. A real work out if you knit a scarf of 500 rows!! Plus you do feel so sanctimonious at having done your exercise for the day. Like I said, it's all good :D
Post a Comment