This chair was fine other than being all ratty looking and my husband had been on me to get a new chair, but I hate to waste anything, so I fixed it!
"Oh hi momma! I will demonstrate how it is done!"
Not to be left out Mr kitty comes in and wants some action also!
As you can see it really needed mending, but this time I thought I would use some carpet and hopefully it might last a bit longer.
I took the carpet and wrapped it around the chair. I then measured how much was showing of the chair back and added a a bit either side for mistakes and stitching/seams.
Then I clipped it all together, inside out of course.
I then took it off the chair and sewed it up; I ended up having to do it by hand, my awesome Bernina serger just didn't want to know it. Didn't take long at all though.
Pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.
The picture on the left is when I used running stitch and on the right is mattress stitch. Next time I will definitely use running stitch again.
I also used cooking twine, you know the stuff you wrap your stuffed beef rolls with, I thought it would be stronger.
And this is the after.
I know posting to blogs you are supposed to tidy it all up and make it look straight etc.. but blah. It's neat and tidy and not ratty looking anymore at least :)
*******************************







No comments:
Post a Comment