Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Punch Lace and Nylon cord

This is probably a bit premature...
I wanted to do a punch lace pattern and it called for "nylon thread". Having no idea what it is, I mean you can probably buy it from knitting machine suppliers, but I wanted it now, I just tried my over locking thread.

It worked great for my little test, as you can see in the pictures ( though clear would have looked better up close).
I am going to try it on a pattern I am doing any day now, so will see how it goes on a big lot of knitting.



As they say, the proof will be in the pudding *crosses fingers before I start big knit* he he

********************************************

UPDATE 16/02/2011
I just finished a large piece for a pattern I am doing and the serger/overlocker thread seemed to have worked just fine. As I am unsure of how it feels with the nylon thread I can't say it was perfect, but I can't see anything wrong with my larger sample.

No comments: