I wasn't angry at first but now... let's hope curses are not real!!!
Story thus far...
Long story short, there is one lady that likes to debate things with me, like everything I say, I have played nice and excused many a thing she has said horrible (husbie agreed on horrible things when he read them also), but I played them off like I didn't see the intent and tried to lighten the subject.
On the other hand, I am an honest person and WILL NOT lie and say I was wrong with something or they are right if they are not... I will not lie just to make someone happy.
Anyway, this person is obviously emotional, as you can see different emotions coming through on different days, I liken it to a a lady permanently on PMS... you know baby steps.
So, jump foward today, said lady makes a remark to a person to make sure they use the right yarn etc and that "other people" buggering up their machine etc... which was VERY clearly diected at me as many post previous to this one on the same thread was this lady trying to tell me what I did on my machine didn't happen... umm duh.. anyway... I posted this:
The first thread is actually pushed to one side to have the other knitted beside it… if you read the schemeatic in the above link I provided, you would see this.And received a big old reply about how I give instructions like a wizened guru and she can't say anything right with me, but doesn't want us to argue as anything other thamn friends etc etc you know... making me out to be the bad person again...
My machine is not buggered, in fact it is very Hetro.. no buggery for it!
I agree, as I said above, I recommened anyone NOT to do what I did my first time(fat yarn).
I however will continue to experiment.
You see there are sheep and shepherds…. I myself,never learnt how to say BAAAH
That is all.
So I reply, because I will NOT be the matyr here and fall on my sword.. why should I?
I was on the debate team.. and Chess. and… LOL but I wasn’t a geek, just bored… The point I say this is I know how to debate, not argue. I tend not to argue with people, it’s not worth it, I do however retort to something reffered to me or put to me.. well until I can’t be bothered with it.
Life is short, I can’t be bothered making enemies, but also I am a VERY hosnest person, a whole lot of people just can’t handle that, so I am used to people either liking me or not, if not, who cares… at least of they DO like me, they like me for me, no charade.
The diagram and shemeatic provided was of the “previous” way plating was done ” ie the current machines”, further down was the person creating the patents now idea on this OLD idea. So it doesn’t really matter who this person is, because I don’t care about their particular patent, just the diagram they provided as to how the usual way of working is. ;) So, very relevant;)
Every post where I offer “advice” or really “m,y experience”, I have made VERY clear that I am learning and I am a newbie, I also do not usually say anything unless the post has been sitting there for quite while, it feels rude NOT to say anything, so I try and say something so the person doesn’t feel like they have BO or something. Point being: I always make it very clear as to my status on the knitting machine world.
Don’t worry, you would never squelch the way I do things… been pulling things apart and putting them back tgether since a tiny tot.. and as you can see by now, while I listen to what people have to say ( only way you can learn), I also do what I want… maybe as you can see stop posting stuff on here, but that is just from lack on intrest from here, not from me having fun with things. If you have ever read Plato and seen how he thinks… welcome to my head… nothing you or anyone else says is going to make me differ from my course unless it is logical and makes sense down the tree of things. :)
This is certainly not being horrible, but I am trully interested on where I have given instructions on something. Just for my benefit, so I don’t repeat it. As I said earlier I thought I made it always vERY clear that I am a newbie and what I say is from my experience. Just an example or post of where I have done this, so I know what constitutes as giving instruction. ;)
It wasn’t rubbing me the wrong way, it was an offhanded metion at how other people do things and might buggertheir machines etc etc… whatever it was, was VERY clearly directed at me, so I just had to retort, nothing more, nothing less, if you met me in person you would probably understand this.
I used to try and dumb myself down and sugar coat things etc etc… you know play the little happy social butterfly, but it never seems to work, so now I am just happy old me.
People always comment on how happy I am etc etc, even strangers (embarressing), but some people feel… see here I am trying to think of another word for a word I need to say here, to sugar coat it but can’t.
Either way, I find people with a little bit of learning behind them, (they know how to do things they have been taught), maybe a few letters after their name etc, but no real logical thought don’t get me, because I go outside the way they were taught to think. Sorry bor that, but like I said, my thought process is like Plato… I break things down.. don’t listen to what people say because EVERYTHING is relative… everything… you have to work things out for yourself…provided you know the basics of course.
Either way, as you have hopefully noticed, I have stopped posting to a point, I thought it would be cool to fit in here, but I don’t. It’s all cool though, lots of nice people so still stick my head in now and again, but just working things out formyself as I go… never had any problems learning from books… hell I learnt mechanical engineering because we couldn’t afford a tutor for my ex, so I could tutor him.. atop of the zillion of other courses and self learnt things I have done, but it’s of course not as social is it ;)
I am not your enemy Aunty Sue, but I will retort, never lost a debate yet, probably because I don’t say I am sure about something, unless I am. Anything else would be lying and I don’t lie… in anything.
So never mistake my retorts for an attck, you would know it if it was ;)
Besides, you owuld be amazed at what you can learn and discover between two people debating.
How big is the Universe is a crazy bad question for me, I break it totally down and used to debate the point with a friend of my Ex’s for hours… really hours, but it was wonderful!! How do you think they get the ideas which lead to experiments, then to new discoveries or inventions… from debates with philos…etc etc..
Debtaing is a powerful and wonderful tool! ;)
Anyway… this is a whole big story book, but maybe you understand me a little better???? I dumb myself down greatly, but without telling you my iq, please be assured I am not stupid… just spell and type that way LOL
Hoping I explained myself full well... I was still happy at this stage.
I come back to check later and see that the post has gone.. check my postings and find that whilst I was writing a forum mod had "archived the post", I did not see her two postings till after it was archived and checked back on it.
Because I am now worried that maybe this emotional bane of mine on the forums was right about me comming across as actually knowing stuff I start a thread :
Just a short note.Just to make sure that no-one mistook anything I said and in-case she was right about people thinking I knew stuff, even though I said I was a newbie.
Apparently when I have posted things, I have not made clear enough that I am a newbie.
Apparently I have also posted instructions for things.
For safetys sake I have removed all posts (that I was able, I can’t remove the ones on the archived thread) that I have done on any forums.
If you have read something posted by myself and taken it for an instruction or assumed I am a wizened hat at this, I am sorry for giving you this impression. As I stated in every post about the way I do things, I am a newbie, learner, I didn’t think I could make it any clearer.
Please ignore anything I have posted, as I AM NEW to machine knitting and am learning also.
I will not be posting further :)
Thanks, and happy knitting!@ ^-^
I come back later and find it also has been removed... now I am sooooooooooo pissed off. Especially because I spent like an hour removing every forum post I made inacse something was misconstrued, and I do a post to explain myself and my removal of posts and IT is removed...
Now I just look like a crazy fucking woman... Pissed off NOW, but I don't think crazy... as yet... the only fucking thing crazy of me is trying to do the right or good thing by people all the time and getting shunted for it.
That's it..... stuff it all... I was going to delete my account on Rav but there are nice people still, and I have a whole lot of faves that would take me a gazillion years to find again.
Will someone please tell me other than laying down and letting these people pull the strings ... how can you do anything right?? I should have known never to get involved... it always ends up shitty...
2 comments:
I recently was the flouncer in a giant flounceathon. I wound up looking like a crazy person. I used to think "what a drama queen", when I'd see someone else do it.
I now know what it's like to be the one whose threshold was so crossed that you just want to leave and never come back. I too, give and give and give and give and give.
I learned that I can be good and well liked for the 3 years I have been on ravelry, only to have one giant hissy fit tear it doNn.
I feel for you. But I will never tell you not to feel what you are feeling. Nor will I get amusement from your hurt feelings. That is just so wrong.
Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment :)
I am not glad that it happens to others, but do feel better that it is just not me, if that makes any sense.
It's my fault, I should have known something like this would happen if I got involved, there always is someone who tries to make themselves look better through you, in every online community...
They can hide behind a screen, it makes them feel invunrable...
All things are for the best though, I mean I get more time to do the things I should be doing. I am not being held back by what people were taught years ago, I can experiment and grow, rather than fester.
And the main thing, some crappy person with a shitty life can't ruin one single minuite of my day anymore :)
Thank you again :)
Post a Comment