Monday, August 9, 2010
Learning to crawl before I can walk on the knitting machine.
Just a quick voice blog entry, to show the head and neck I completed from the Topsy Turvey doll I had planned to make.
PS: did I say it was a fail, or a " can't be bothered"? he he
I have decided, for the time being anyway, that I am going to do it the old fashioned way. Only for the fact that it is just so hard to find information on how to do things that you want to do. Not to say that it isn't there through blogs, books and wonderful helpful people, but it certainly isn't just " grab that book and see"
For instance, last night ( after figuring out that the stupid rubber wheels were out), I had to find how to do multiple increases.
In the manual it says to put all the needles into E, ewrap the increases on the side of the carriage then knit. It also says you should pull the needles out the next few rows.
Well, as you can see in the video I was using a pattern from the knit leader, so I wanted to increase on both side per swipe and looked everywhere for a video or any information on it.
Doesn't mean it isn't out there, but I couldn't find it. There was lots of info on single and even double increases/decreases, full fashion and hook... those are easy..
I did find an awesome video about hand manipulated stitches from http://www.Guagliumi.com it relates to long stitches for a different effect, but I did notice the use of putting needles in holding position and flicking the lever so they would not knit. I thought I would try that, but decided, even if it did work, 2 swipes and ewraps per line of pattern.. it would take me forever.. that's when I made the little video blog entry and decided when I do it, I would just knit a rectangle of fabric and cut and sew it.
Come today, I decided that there is so much to learn, and for the time being I should stop jumping ahead with all the things I want to do and watch, try and follow other people.
As I said in my title, I am going to try to crawl first, before walking.
We will see how this goes, as it is totally not me! he he
So at the moment, I have half a "Lady Tabitha cat", on the knitting machine; A pattern from an old magazine I picked up at the Epping day.. OHH I love those magazines, I just want to be so greedy and offer to buy the lot! ha ha
As usual I will post Lady Tabitha when done :) And try and get over this silly cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment