So I just read this post at (CRAFT GOSSIP), basically saying that " I will never knowingly point to a design that infringes on the rights of an image’s creator."
The thing that I am thinking about is the whole " infringes on the rights of an image’s creator" bit.
I am not up on all the laws, those copyright things are a mountain to read through, but I would have imagined that common sense prevailed.
I mean, it is one thing to take a design of someones knowingly and call it your own, but I think it is a WHOLE other issue, for someone to be a FAN of your designs and make a pattern etc with reference to an image giving full credit of the image.
Like for example, my horde logo scarf. Is it bad that I liked the look and even though I called it a Horde Logo from world of warcraft scarf, still be infringing on the images creator?
Damn, I thought it would have been a compliment.
How does it work then for things like celebrities? I mean they create their imagine... would it be infringing on a image copyright to make a scarf with Lady gaga"s image on it?
Would it be wrong to paint scenery with a licensed premises in the background... ie: main street of a lunch time (and like there is a Gloria jeans coffee shop on the street view).
Basically, where does this silliness end? When did law forget about common sense and logic and get caught up in all this BS.
I am not talking mass produced products etc, but when did it become a crime for someone to be a fan of something and make something in their honor.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry, or just stay in this state of confusion. Of course I don't want to do anything wrong, but I would like to still make the ideas I have in my head without fear.
What a crazy awful world we live in... Can we just get rid of money and go back to the barter system or something? :)
If something I have done is wrong and you feel it infringes on something and you do not find it a compliment, and you are the owner of said imagine, please email me and after confirming who you are, I will remove it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment