I cut off the ankle band thingys. This is actually a picture of them "after", luckily I have a serger so I didn't need to neaten, just put together and serged them together, let the serger take care of the cutting off of the messy bits.
I then turned the pants inside out and serged all along the inside seam behind all the worn spots. If I did not have a serger I would have to cut it off first then do a zigag or overlock stitch from my sewing machine.
Now, because there was a whole lot of material cut off, I had to add some more, otherwise they would not fit.
I decided to add this fabric to the outer leg and cut up some fabric from an old sheet, which I doubled up (folded over) , to make a thicker fabric.
I then cut down the outside leg seam and serged each side (rights sides together). You will now have 2 seams rather than just one like before. If you do not have a serger, you will just have to cut neatly the old seam out and zigzag or your sewing machines over lock stitch to join both sides.
Don't forget to include pockets if there is any! And sew back on your little ankle thingies. Always right side together. You could even leave them like yoga pants, just hem the bottom... I thought about this, but as these are just around the house pants, I figured I would prolly end up rolling them up if they were like that.
Finished pants.




No comments:
Post a Comment