Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

How I got a line drawing in PSP to make a stencil

Ok I have to say up front I am no expert. I have simply done this post from fiddling around in PSP because I could not find any good tutorials out there other than creating a new layer and in simple terms tracing around it...
So I decided to try and figure something out on my own... Please make sure not to save anything in case it does not work for you..

My Staring picture


Click on the EFFECTS drop down menu on the top tool bar then select PENCIL.
You will then have to TOGGLE the luminance and the blur whilst hitting the PREVIEW(THE EYE) to see the required drawing you want.

You then select the COLOURS drop down menu from the top tool bar and select GREYSCALE.
This will give you an imagine like this.

If you want your lines black all you need to do is again select COLOURS from the top menu and click on the NEGATIVE IMAGINE.
This will give you a picture like this..
You could fool around with other things to get the picture more clearer however this is fine by me. And nice and easy.. no sitting there tracing around things meh...
I would love to hear any suggestions on how you went or how to improve what I have done, as I said I was just fooling around this morning trying to work it out.
Your comments may help someone else out there when looking.

Happy stencilling!

1 comment:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am a total dunce at this sort of thing. I downloaded the free serif programme but can't make head or tail of it!
I went to look back at Vampy Vic's blog yesterday but it said it is by invitation only. Can you invite me? If so can you use our gmail address which is the one we use for signing in to blogger and also our aol mail is down at the moment.
ericandflynn1 AT googlemail DOT com