Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another - Learning to crochet

How many times I have started to "learn to crochet". I can do all the stitches now, looking at the instructions. I suppose to me, "knowing" how to crochet is not until you have reached the level when the pattern asks you to do a certain stitch and you don't have to look at the book how to do it.
This is an old post back from July 2008.. yes I have "started" to crochet many times hehe


Cross post:

I have posted before about all the lovely things that you can knit and crochet in fact I think I did a huge list of sexy looking items that I wish I would do from Etsy a while back.
Well in between doing everything else I am also trying out crocheting.


This is the book I am learning from, I bought the whole set (well just about give or take a few that are missing).

These are the instructions, which as you can see are very clear and make a huge point of doing those extra stitches at the turning end so it stays straight.


But as you can see, even after doing the stitches each time the little I have done has got an absolute curve to it. That must be the hard thing of crocheting (like drawing), doing the bloody straight lines :(
Oh well have to learn somewhere :)

EDIT:  I received an awesome comment from Victoria who lives at http://coutureunraveled.blogspot.com/ in blogland.
It should be in the comments section, however when I logged in to "publish" the comment, I accidently hit the "reject" button... lol yes I get some spam and it is an early morning (that is my excuse anyway) :)
I have been crocheting for awhile now...not that i'm a pro...but my first blanket I did the EXACT same thing! LOL!! Here is what I can tell you...the reason for the curve is that you start out crocheting real tight...then you get looser...try(i know it's actually kinda hard)to do your chain and first row a little "looser"...does that make sense?!
If you ever have any questions...you can find me here...
http://coutureunraveled.blogspot.com
good luck! ;)
 LOL thank you SO much!!! You know I actually remeber feeling looser, and now that you have said it, it makes perfect sense!! Funny how some things are right in front of our noses yet we fail to see them.
Thank you so much!! This means I am going to have to give the crochet hooks a run again!! hehe I have seen so many pretty crocheted things latley that I wanted to try too! maybe your comment was the universe telling me something hehe :)
Thank you for taking the time to post and help a silly duff (me) out :)

No comments: