Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tomato Paste Freeze

I still have to do my research on which is happier to the Earth to recycle, glass, plastic or aluminium, either way we all know that is is friendly to buy bulk; On our pocket as well as the earth. Less packaging :)
This is a simple little thing I do with my tomato paste, I mean who uses it all in one cooking session?




Spoon it into an ice cube tray, there usually fits just over a tablespoon. which is perfect for measuring when cooking.

Just put the tray into freeze for a couple of hours on the top, after frozen take out, wrap a freezer bag around the tray and fasten with a rubber band.
Then when you need tomato paste there is always some readily available and you don't have to worry about it going off and wasting a large jar. Just pop it in the microwave for 10 or so secs and wallah.. tomato paste on demand! :)

Mind you, be aware of frozen food guidelines as nothing keeps forever even if frozen :)

No comments: